Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Walkathon - Walk for Children


Hi readers,

This time, I will update about my first experience in joining a charity event.

The event that I want to share with you here is Walk for Children. It was held on 13th March 2011 (Sunday) which took place at Merdeka Square. It was organized by International Club of The International School of Kuala Lumpur. YABhg Datin Seri Rosmah Mansor was the patron while the ambassador was Lisa Surihani.

It was more than 100 volunteers joining this event. The purpose this event is for help the Shelter Home Malaysia and Rumah Kasih Sayang.

The fee is RM15 and if we want to contribute lebih as donation pun amat dialu-alukan.

The registration actually on 6.30am and start walking on 8.15am. Actually there are 4 categories, if I’m not mistaken (I pun dah lupa since event ni dah lama because I'm not update immediately since ada hal yang tak dapat dielakkan on the following weeks). For category A; 1.8km, B;3km (under 18years old), C; 3km and D;5km.

On that day, I took the public transport from Kelana Jaya to Masjid Jamek. Right after I reach there, Lin already there and we both rushed to Merdeka Square since we are already late. *Sorry Lin*. After register ourselves and put on the t-shirt and the number given, so we rushed to the tempat pelepasan.

Even though they already start walking, we manage to catch them up. But, sampai je kat satu junction ni, the penjaga station asked us to take the left lane only by looking at the number displayed. We told the penjaga station, "We registered under 5km" but they mentioned the number showed was for 3km. *Aigoo.. If we know the meaning for the color number at the first place, for sure we already ask to change them* So, we just continue the challenge and about 20minutes later, we already arrive at Merdeka Square which the weather at the moment still redup and we are not berpeluh2 pun. What a lovely morning la that day. But before that, both of us sempat juga la snap a few pictures.

.


.


.


.


.


Thanks to Lin who is proposed this kind of activity to us. Actually, she has invited me earlier. But looking at the time for registration, plus the venue is quite far from my home, I surrender! Fyi, I only know the direction from my house to HLA, in case I have to attend the training over there. I learnt the route is just for the sake that I need to go there on my own. Weewee~~ Other than that, I’m totally blur and clueless. KL lo, I’m no Key El gurl, yaw! :P ok, back to the story.. So i decline to join. Unfortunately, my other colleagues give a good response and told me that they want to join this event. 9 of us; Lin, Kincik, Kak Pya, Fiza, Ezyan, Zuraidah, Usop, Kak Ita and me. Yan and Zu accompanied with their sister so the number of participant from our group was 11 persons.

.

.

Even though Lin and me just walked 3km, but we are very satisfied. At least, we tried and know our stamina. Mana la tau, kot lepas ni kena berjalan 4-6km sbb dpt parking jauh, insya Allah blh. Sebab dah rasa dan dah ada pengalaman.

.

. P/s: Dah tambah satu lagi route; from my house to JW Marriott, KL.. teheheh,, :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...